Are Artists In Touch With Their Heart's Desire
"Most of us don't know what we want; we've never defined our goals, values or passions, so we're out of touch with our hearts' desires." ~ Mark Batterson author of Wild Goose Chase~
I'm just wondering if the above quote applies to creative types . . . to musicians, dancers, poets, painters, artists, to you? Creatives are extremely talented and disciplined in their art form. At the same time, these disciplined artists are sometimes totally disorganized with their time.
Does disorganized thinking and lack of time management rob you of your ultimate goals and dreams? Do you make the most of every day? Do you know how to begin a productive day? Do you know which projects to tackle first?
If any of these questions hit a hot spot for you, it's time to make some changes, some drastic ones!
Let me help you do that by asking some questions:
1. What is your heart's desire ?
2. Are you fully alive?
3. If nothing changes in the next 5 years regarding your art and your income - are you OK with that?
4. What steps can you take that will move you in the direction of your goal for your creativity?
5. What obstacles are standing in the way?
6.What can you say NO to - that will give you more time to work on your creative endeavors?
7. Can you get up 1 hr earlier, or maybe 2, and give this time to work on your art?
8. Is there someone you can connect with that will encourage you to make headway with your art?
9. Is there a message behind your art - a greater picture or cause that you could link your art to?
10. What does the story of your life say about you thus far? Do you inspire others?
11. Is anyone helping you come up with a plan to support yourself with your art?
12. Do you know how to make real money with your art? (is there any other kind?)
13. If you need an extra $1,000 this month, do you know how to use your art to raise that money?
14. Do you think of your creative expression as a business?
I'd love to hear your answers! I'm in a transformation process myself and I'm learning how to view my creativity as a business that needs to be stewarded! I hope what I'm learning can help you too! Any questions? Fire away!
I'd like to recommend this as a wonderful tool to move you in the right direction!
It's created by my coach, Carrie Wilkerson. I can assure you that she has some answers that we as creatives need to move forward. If you want to reach you goals you must have a plan, and a way to organize your day!
Juggling?? Time Management Tips - Strategies for Your Success from 3 Experts!