Wednesday

A New Start - Plans Equal Productivity!

Are you off to a good start in this new year? Do you have solid goals in place and plans to reach them?

Well, I do - and they make me a bit nervous! I've found a coach who nudges me forward and holds me accountable. She will play a big part in making sure I meet my goals this year.

Why am I so determined?  I don't have a choice!

The music industry has changed and the way we've worked in the past is no longer working. So we're in the middle of "reinventing" ourselves. And I must say . . . I'm having fun and getting excited about this new direction and certain that what I'm learning can be of great help to you too.

Want to join me?

I've been learning the 'new way!'  We've got so many tools to work with and much to take advantage of. We just need to get over the obstacles and overwhelm.

If you are not using the internet, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc., to market your creativity, you are missing out on  great income-producing opportunity. Or you may be using them but don't have a plan in place to use them effectively. Either way . . . you're missing out.

I hope to lead you through some of the difficult steps and help you launch into making a living with your creative gifts.

Here is a good step to start with: My word for the new year is "CONNECT!"

Who have you been meaning to talk to? Who do you wish you could sit down with and ask a load of questions?

Well . . .  step out and send an email or make a phone call and invite them to lunch!

Most of our dreams are met through relationships. People are the 'stepping stones' to our future. I'm not suggesting that you 'use' people but genuinely 'love' people and see what happens. This thinking leads me to the Zig Ziglar quote:

"If you help enough people get what they want, you will eventually get what you want!"

Ya know what? I wholeheartedly agree with Zig!

Who can you help? They might just be the person that can help you too.

So grab your calendar, make a few calls, set up those lunches, coffees, meetings. Be prepared and know what you want. Then ask yourself, "What do I have that might be of benefit to this person?" You never know, you may be holding a key for them as well.

This is a fun way to get off to a good start!

Let me know if you want to join me by chiming in on the comment section below. Posts when you make that call and set up your appointment. Post again if your meeting turns out to be a stepping stone to your future. If you've already tried this and have a success story please share that too. 
Here's to a great new start of a great new year!

5 comments:

  1. It's a rapidly changing world. We'd best be fleet of foot & pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got that right Darrell! We need to be fully alive and wise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Deb. The only sleeping saints the Bible refers to are those who have passed on. Yes, "Alive and wise. As Jesus put it "Wise as serpents and gentle as doves". Matt 10:16

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings in 2011 to you and Kirk! Would love to connect with you sooner than later.... love ya nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments. Is the anonymous Nancy - Nancy Gordon? Just wondering . . .

    ReplyDelete